NHQ recently announced the availability of three Salvation Army iPhone apps for Christmas.
Bell ringer App
- o This is a free update for the existing iPhone virtual “Bellringer” application.
- The update includes new video content and also enable donations to The Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign via text message.
- The free app enables friends and supporters of The Salvation Army to share in the tradition of being a Salvation Army bellringer – by ringing a virtual bell right on their phone.
- With 12 different musical notes to choose from, users are able to create unique sounds, play favorite holiday songs, or make up an on-the-spot jingle.
- Introduced in 2009, this free app has been downloaded nearly 60,000 times in 47 countries.
- o Available via iTunes
Christmas Music App
- Digital music firm Melodeo is offering “The Salvation Army Christmas Music” app for the iPhone.
- The app streams a variety of Christmas favorites.
- Priced at $2.99, $1.00 of each download will be donated to the Red Kettle Campaign.
- Available via iTunes
Online Red Kettle App
- For the first time ever, supporters of The Salvation Army will be able to manage their Online Red Kettles directly from their iPhone by downloading this free app.
- Users can track their personal fundraising progress and send emails to their friends asking for support directly from their iPhone.
- Photos can be uploaded from the iPhone and added to the user’s personal fundraising page.
- Available soon via the ORK home page, participant pages and email blasts